- Find Local Repairer
- About Us
- Contact Us
Laptop Repair Experts Nationwide
- Fast Immediate Response
- Simple postcode checker for a local laptop repair dealer near you
- Trusted Laptop and PC Dealer
- All repairs are fully guaranteed
- Specialist laptop parts available for all makes and models
- Fast courier service available for specialist laptop repair
- Approved Laptop Repair Experts
- Mac and Tablet repair service
Here are the top five questions we are asked about laptop repair
- Can we repair liquid spills which have spilt in to their laptop keyboard? – The answer is YES. please read this article found here.
- What is the cost of a laptop screen repair for my laptop? – Laptop Screen Replacement service from £99.00 fitted!
- My laptop does not charge the battery, I have replaced the battery. I think it is the charging socket. Can you repair this? – The answer is YES please watch our video here.
- I have a laptop which is running slow and sometimes freezes. Is this something you can fix? And how much would this cost? Find more information here.
- My laptop will not connect to our WiFi internet. Please can you help my solve my problem?
Laptop Screen Repair
Laptop Power Socket Repairs
Laptop Motherboard Repairs
What are the most common laptop and iPad repairs seen in our network?
- Computer Virus and Spyware Problems still remain to be the number one fault with all computers and Laptops. Ask us for a free quote to speed up your laptop today! Read more about how to solve the most common problems.
- Laptop Screen Repairs are the second most common repair throughout our national network. Each week we quote and repair 100′s of laptop screens for Acer, Dell, HP, Fujitsu, Asus, Sony Vaio, Mac and Toshiba Laptops. These screens vary in size, however the most popular is the 15.6” or 16.1” screen size. The average repair time is approximately 20 minutes. See this short video demonstrating the perfect laptop screen repair.
- DC Jack or otherwise known as laptop power socket repairs for laptops are also a very common repair for the National Laptop Repair network. We are seeing a rise in numbers for this type of laptop repair because of the weakness in the OEM quality of build. The charger socket often begins to erratically not charge the laptop battery, and then the problem deteriorates. This type of repair is very easily carried out and is very cost effective. We also provide a full 12 month warranty. Please see this video which shows the repair process.
- iPad repairs are also on the rise due to the number of products now in the market. The iPad screen repair is the highest and most popular repair, however we also see requests to repair the headphone jack and power and switch.
- Laptop Motherboard repairs are the final major repair request we see on a major scale. This type of laptop repair is due to three main failures. Liquid spill, shock through being dropped, or through over heating. Our network handles 100′s of laptop motherboard repairs every week for all makes and models. Please see more details on our specialist repair service here.
Top Tips From The Laptop Repair Experts!
- Never use the laptop or mac on a duvet for long periods, as the cooling fans simply cannot get enough cool air circulated over the hot components of your laptop or mac. This causes a severe increase in temperature. The problem is considerably increased when the cooling vents underneath and on the side and back of a laptop /mac act as the passage for cool air in, and partially to exhaust hot air too become blocked by the duvet or blanket.
- If the worst happens, and you accidentally spill liquid into or over your laptop, the following steps must be followed: first remove the power cable from the laptop. Next remove the battery. (this is most important even if it does not work). Then place a thin piece of kitchen roll paper or something absorbant which is similar and lay it over the keyboard. Close the lid of the laptop, and place the laptop upside down in a warm place like an airing cupboard.
- It is most important for the success of any Laptop motherboard repair you should send your laptop to a specialist laptop repair centre as quickly as possible. We recommend you search by using the post code checker at the top of the page for your nearest Laptop Repair Expert.
- Never use any other form of cloth to clean your laptop screen other than a lint free micro fibre cloth. We recommend www.screen-kleen.co.uk as the best laptop repair cleaning product available.
- Laptop Repair shops or mobile computer technicians often load free anti virus software. We do not recommend the use of free AV products because the ‘live data bases’ are updated constantly to combat the latest threats. Free products do not offer this real time protection like paid products do. It is also a big NO to install more than one AV product on a laptop or computer. More often than not this duplication will lead to chronically slow laptop speed, and in many cases allow viruses in!
- Laptop plastics repairs are more popular than ever, but our tip is simply be careful when opening the screen lid. Use two hands to ease the laptop screen open not one. this spreads the tension evenly throughout several hinges and protects the plastics from fracturing so easily.
- Laptop repair methods have also become quite a DIY subject. This is fine, however we highly recommend you do not remove the cover underneath unless you have valid experience and electronic component experience. Whilst the voltage is low, some components do store voltage and are also highly sensitive.
- If you decide to send your Laptop in for repair, we recommend a very secure box or container to ship your laptop in if it is travelling by courier at all. The next vital step, is to backup all data, assuming you can access the use of your hard drive. Some customers do remove their hard drive for security, this is perfectly legitimate, however consideration needs to be made if the windows environment is required for any laptop repair testing after the repair has been carried out.