Likely Fault Diagnosis:
- Dead laptop
- Distorted graphics causing lines or blurred colour
- Laptop powering up, but not booting to windows
- No display on the laptop screen
- Laptop shuts down randomly
- No display to laptop screen or external VGA monitor
- Laptop overheats
- WiFi not working
- Liquid spill
- Poor solder used by manufacturer
- Shock to laptop
- General usage caused failure
- Dedicated video card failure
- Heat sink not functioning
- Heat sink fan not functioning
- Northbridge / Southbridge faulty
Have you been told by another repair company that your laptop motherboard needs replacing?
We provide the highest quality laptop overheating repair backed up with a unique 12 month warranty!
We repair all makes and models of laptops including Acer, Asus, Compaq, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Lenevo, Packard Bell, Sony, VAIO and Toshiba. We can perform full ball grid array (BGA) laptop motherboard repairs including logic cards with Apple Mac Book and iMac. A Laptop overheating repair is a specialist service performed with complex equipment and highly skilled technicians. Most UK motherboard repairers only offer 90 days’ warranty whereas we provide a full 12-month Warranty.
- DC Jack/Fuse Replacement
- Power IC Replacement (6-12 pin ICs)
- Controller IC Replacement (200-400 pin ICs)
- BGA rework reflow (Northbridge / Southbridge / Graphics Chips)
- BGA Reballing (Northbridge / Southbridge / Graphics Chips)
We have the highest UK success rate for this type of specialist laptop repair. This is because we have perfected a laptop modification which is tried and tested giving our customers a 90% chance of a successful repair every single time. Watch this repair process in action on an Apple iMac.
The average repair time is 2 days including full laptop hardware testing.
FAQ’s When We Help Customers with Laptop Motherboard Faults
1. My Laptop has lines going down or across the screen – Yes This often means there is a fault developing with the GPU. (Graphics Processor Unit).
2. Will I lose my data? – Not normally providing that the laptop has not had a physical shock to it such as being dropped.
3. Will I have a warranty covering this repair? – Yes, with NLR you receive a full 12 month labour warranty covering the repair.
4. Can overheating cause my laptop motherboard to fail? – Yes, overheating is a classic reason for the GPU to fail. Partial blocking or complete blocking of the cooling vents can cause the laptop motherboard to fail.
5. How can I test to see if the motherboard has failed? The easiest way is to connect the laptop to an external monitor; if you do not get any output then the chances are it’s the motherboard.
6. How long do you take to repair the Laptop motherboard? – On average we take 2-3 days working days.
7. Do I need to package my laptop in a box to send it for repair? – Yes, it is vital to securely and appropriately package the laptop for courier transportation.
8. If the motherboard cannot be repaired have I lost everything? – No! We will usually offer you a replacement laptop motherboard or we can transfer your data to another laptop or to media of your choice.
9. What is involved ? check this video out. http://nationallaptoprepair.co.uk/services/motherboard-repairs/
10. Is this a common fault? – Surprisingly, yes. We repair approximately 500 per month from all across the UK.