Likely Fault Diagnosis:
- Laptop shuts down randomly
- Distorted graphics causing lines or blurred colour
- Laptop powering up but not booting to Windows
- Laptop fan not powering on
- Laptop extremely hot
Likely Cause Scenario:
- Poor cool air circulation over motherboard and GPU
- Liquid spill
- Poor solder used by manufacturer
- Shock to laptop
- General usage caused failure
- Dedicated video card fan failure
- Heat sink not functioning
- Heat sink fan not functioning
- Laptop ventilation grills partially blocked by duvet, quilt or cushion when operated on a bed.
We provide laptop over heating repairs and ensure highest quality repair with a unique 12 month warranty!
We repair all makes and model laptops including Acer, Asus, Compaq, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Lenevo, Packard Bell, Sony VAIO and Toshiba. We can perform full laptop strip down and re-seating of chipsets and heat sinks, including fan optimisation repairs including for Apple Mac Book and iMac. Laptop over-heating repairs are a specialist laptop repair service performed with complex equipment and highly skilled technicians. Most UK motherboard repairers only offer 90 days warranty — we offer a full 12-month warranty.
- DC jack/fuse replacement
- Power IC replacement (6-12 pin ICs)
- Controller IC replacement (200-400 pin ICs)
- BGA rework reflow (Northbridge / Southbridge / Graphics Chips)
- BGA reballing (Northbridge / Southbridge / Graphics Chips)
We have the highest UK success rate for this type of specialist laptop repair. This is because we have perfected a laptop modification which is tried and tested giving our customers 90% chance of a successful repair every single time. Watch this repair process in action on an Apple iMac.
The average repair time is 2 days, including full laptop hardware testing.